Thursday, October 1, 2015

Smarties Blond Brownies

I made this recipe a few weeks ago, when I was craving something sweet and comforting... something really satisfying to those taste buds. I love blond brownies, my grandma always used to make them growing up but no matter how hard I tried my brownies would always come out more of a cake texture, rather than a dense brownie... so I thought to myself "well if this happen again I need something to amp up the flavour!" So rummaging through my cupboards I found Smarties, A LOT of them! Perfect.



What you will need: 
1/2 cup of butter (softened)
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups Smarties

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Gradually add in flour baking powder and salt while beating. Fold in smarties with a spatula until incorporated.

Empty contents in an 9x13 greased baking pan. Spread evenly. Bakes 20-25 mins. Should be golden brown, I like my brownies extra gooey, that's how I get them to refrain from turning into a cake batter, so I take them out a few minutes earlier... 19 to 20 mins.

Hope you enjoy this recipe! Brownies are so flexible when it comes to ingredients... switch it up by adding nuts, chocolate chips, or even peanut butter chips!

POST BY MOMMY OLIVIA




No comments:

Post a Comment