Sunday, October 5, 2014

Chicken Vegetable Soup

Nothing tastes better on a chilly fall day then a nice warm soup! This one was inspired by a pinterest recipe I came across, that was somewhat similar, but I altered a lot of ingredients due to me not liking them! The family loved it, however it needed a bit more salt then I added, but all in all it was delish!



What you will need:
- 900 ml chicken broth (I used a box of Campbell's stock)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 bullion cube
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (the smaller cans I think it was around 300 ml each) I used Alymer Accents cracked black pepper and garlic and olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded chicken (I boiled chicken thighs and shredded with a fork once they were cooked) 
- 1 cup of egg noodles (uncooked)

In a large pot on medium-high heat, add in a few tbsp of olive oil and saute onion, carrot and celery for about 5 minutes, add in the garlic and seasonings and saute for another minute. Add in tomatoes and chicken broth, bring to boil then add in bullion cube and water, stir until bullion is blended. Let simmer for about 30 minutes. Then add in chicken and noodles, cooking about 10 more minutes until noodles are cooked through.




Enjoy!

POST BY MOMMY OLIVIA



No comments:

Post a Comment