Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Beat the Heat with a Frozen Raspberry Green Tea!



Summertime is nearly upon us and that means it's time for icy cold drinks, preferably created with a blender. I'm on a serious blender kick lately. Like, 3 different blended beverages a day at least. Is there some kind of Blenderholics Anonymous I could sign up for? 

That beautiful, frosty glass of pink up there is what triggered my blendermania. I couldn't get Tim Horton's Frozen Raspberry Green /Tea out of my head, but the closest Timmies is a half hour walk and it was just too hot to get there on foot with two kids in a stroller and one strapped to my back. So, I made my own, and it was way tastier. And cheaper! And then I ran out of raspberries and got sad because grocery day isn't until Friday so I couldn't make any more.

Here's the recipe:

4 Green Tea bags
2 cups boiling water
1/4 cup honey (although sugar would work just fine)
1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries 

(Please note: my raspberry measurement is an approximation. I was dealing with all the little bits in the bottom of the bag  and I was hot and just wanted my damn drink so I just dumped it in the blender. It looked to me like a cup and a half. You could use more or less depending on taste, same with the honey)

1. Pour boiling water over tea bags. Steep until desired strength, remove tea bags, and allow tea to cool. I threw mine in the freezer after 5 minutes or so of cooling on the counter, just to speed things up)

2. Pour cold tea into blender. Add frozen raspberries and honey. Blend, and serve!

*This recipe made the tall glass pictured above, plus a plastic cup full for my little guy, who LOVED it. He's definitely his mama's son :)*




No comments:

Post a Comment