Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Classic Chicken Noodle Soup

I love soup, I can eat soup everyday for the rest of my life and never get sick of it. So when I come across a good soup recipe I savor it! This one is my inspiration, a combination of different recipes and it turned out just divine. It only takes about an hour to make and you probably have these ingredients on hand!

 photo a9e549b0-e150-4464-b602-20c45cf7c038.jpg

What you will need:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large carrots- chopped
- 1 onion- diced
- 1 1/2 cups of eggs noodles (you can add more if desired)
- 1 tsp of dried parsley flakes
- 3-4 chicken bullion cubes (I used Knorr mine only needed 3)
- 6 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste

Boil your chicken for about and hour or until cooked and shred with a fork (I cooked mine the night before).

Heat a large pot over medium heat with 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Add in the chopped onion and carrots- sauté for about 10 minutes until the onion becomes translucent. Add in the parsley flakes, and sauté for another minute. Season with Salt and pepper. Add in 6 cups of water, once boiling add in your bullion cubes and keep stirring until dissolved. Add in the chicken and turn the heat down to simmer for about 15 minutes. Then put the egg noodles in, and cook for 7-10 minutes (until noodles are cooked).

 photo f34c3ac5-af78-4e79-8ac8-d62f8cf023c6.jpg

Enjoy the tastyness!

POST BY MOMMY OLIVIA

 photo 3mommiessig_zps86cc38de.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment