Monday, September 23, 2013

Cooking with Eggs!

My mom sends parcels sometimes to me by train. The other day she asked me to pick one up. My husband went into get it, then the next thing I know is my moms was at my window asking me what took so long to get there!! It was such a wonderful surprise, I went from freaking out there was someone yelling at me in my car window to crying my eyes out in joy!
While she was here, she made us some great breakfasts where eggs were the main attraction. Being horrible at cooking eggs, these were a sure treat!

The first I'm going to share with you is a new recipe she has perfected which she was taught by a new friend of hers, Maria. Its a take on Egg Frittata.

6 eggs
a splash of water
cooking spray
1/4 cup chopped peppers
1 small zucchini sliced in half moons
1 small onion, chopped
2 slices of ham, chopped
salt and pepper

1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and water together. Set aside.
2. Coat fry pan with cooking spray then add peppers, zucchini, and onion in pan, season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium for about 1-2 minutes or until they are cooked lightly. Add the ham.
3. Pour eggs onto the veggies, cover and cook about 4-5 minutes.
4. Flip the egg and cook an additional 2 minutes to brown the other side.
5. Place a plate over the pan and flip onto plate. Cut and serve.


The other egg creation mom made us was Ham and Egg Baskets. You can make 24 all done at the same time in muffin tins so its perfect for a Sunday breakfast!

cooking spray
24 eggs
about 12 slices of ham lunch meat, cut in half
1 medium tomato, chopped;
1/2 cup shredded cheese

1. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. Place ham into tin like a muffin liner. Add tomatoes and cheese. Crack egg on top.
3. Bake 10-15 minutes depending on how well you want the yolk cooked.
4. Scoop basket out and serve.




It was great having my mom here to visit. She left to go home today and we all miss her already. I cannot wait for her to come back and visit again!

What are your favourite egg creations?

By Mommy Melissa

 photo 3mommiessig_zps86cc38de.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment